New to baking or short on time? Here’s an easy cake recipe that your friends and family are sure to love
Making a birthday cake for someone you love can be a daunting task. And even for the most seasoned pros, there’s not always enough time in the day to get the piping bags out. So, here’s a no-frills recipe that is very simple to make, looks impressive and is incredibly delicious. With no butter, this vegan recipe uses banana, almond power and sour cream instead. It’s also healthier than your average cake (hoorah, another slice please!). So, say hello to a recipe you’ll most likely be reaching for time and time again.
1 hour cooking
- 210 g self-raising flour
- 7g baking powder
- 100g almond powder
- 100g almond halves
- 100g dates (sliced)
- 120g sugar
- 5g salt
- 330 g banana (peeled)
- 200g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 175g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, almond powder, almond halves, dates, salt and sugar and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana and then add in your eggs (whisked) and the sour cream.
- Now mix both the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Bake at 145°C for about 1 hour.
- For the icing, beat the icing sugar with the lemon juice until smooth and then drizzle over the cake. Decorate as you wish, you could try berries (like we did), chocolate shavings or how about edible glitter?
Bon appetit! Whatever the occasion, this beautiful cake is sure to leave the person you made it for feeling loved and that’s a wonderful gift.