As we are truly committed to finding new ways to reduce our impact on the planet we have asked The LCA Centre to conduct Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) studies on all our product packaging. This means that currently, they are calculating the environmental impact of every single packaging item in our assortment so that we know exactly what our packaging CO2 footprint, water, and energy use are. The result of the study will give us the facts that we need to make the right decisions in order to improve our environmental performance.
Reduce, Re-use, Recycle
In order to avoid unnecessary waste, we focus on the three pillars: Reduce, Re-use and Recycle. We aren’t perfect and in our journey to greener practices we learn every day, but we are determined to get it right, for your and the planet’s well-being.
Here are some steps that we’ve already taken towards a more sustainable approach:
• We’ve created eco-friendly refills for our body creams, day- and night creams, hand washes, fragrance sticks and car perfumes, so you no longer have to throw away those beautiful packaging’s
• All our gift sets are packed in reusable boxes, which means we save an awful lot of wrapping paper and trees
• We currently put all our efforts into reaching our goal of 100% recyclable packaging by 2023
• We only use FSC certified paper for the secondary packaging of our products and where functionality allows, we choose for recycled paper
• All wood that we use in our product packaging is sourced from sustainably managed forests in Europe and is officially PEFC certified
Efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
98% of our finished products are made in Europe. We produce our products as close to home as possible and hereby keep transport related fuel consumption and carbon emissions to a minimum.