I would love to introduce restaurant Rouhi’s signature dessert: coconut rice pudding. This is a classic dish that I revisited and reinvented. We like to serve it with whatever fruits the season has in store for us (or whatever you have left over in your fridge). For this recipe, we will pair it with passionfruit. Enjoy!
Coconut rice pudding
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 100gr sushi rice
- 360gr coconut milk
- 70gr coconut cream
- 35 gr sugar
- 1/2 pc vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ lime juice
- ½ sprig mint
- 2 pc passion fruit
- 3 tbs coconut shred
- Mix the coconut milk, coconut cream and vanilla together in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and cook to the simmer, covered with a lid for 20 minutes. Be careful that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the rice is cooked add the sugar and lime juice.
- Divide the pudding into portions, using a few bowls.
- Add the passion fruit, mint, and coconut shred on top and enjoy!
Want to experience Rouhi for yourself? Experience a world where East meets West. A world where you can indulge body and mind, with food for the soul. At Rouhi, chef Renaud Goigoux presents a considered menu that uses only the most carefully sourced wholesome ingredients.
You will find Rouhi on the ground floor of House of Rituals, Spui Square, Amsterdam.