Rituals House Rules
For the use of website and placing online orders
We welcome all Rituals customers to our (mobile) website, including the Rituals mobile app, where you can find information about our company, our products and how to order from us. When using this website and when placing your order with us, please keep in mind the following House Rules.
Customers that (repeatedly) violate these House Rules may be listed in our fraud database and can be blocked from placing orders and/or performing payments via our website. In all situations, we will provide the customer with a notification explaining the reason of the measures taken by Rituals and its consequences.
- 1. Fraudulent transactions
- 1.1 Rituals does not accept payments that are performed with stolen financial information and or by fraudulent means, such as stolen or false credit and debit cards, hacked PayPal or Klarna accounts or stolen/invalid gift cards. If the total amount of the fraudulent transaction is below € 500,-, Rituals will block the account for 1 year. If the amount exceeds € 500,-, the account will be blocked for 3 years. Repeated offenders will be blocked for 5 years. Rituals will notify the customer when doing so.
- 1.2 Orders can also be blocked based on notifications we receive during the fulfillment process, for example notification about an individual being a ‘restricted party’ on a national or international fraud list.
- 2. Account fraud
- 2.1 Rituals provides its (new) customers with benefits when they create an account, such as a welcome gift, a birthday gift or a new customer promotional code. Customers are allowed one (1) account per individual. This means that when a customer creates or tries to create another account with a different email address or different name or different home address etc. (with or without the aim of receiving more customer benefits), Rituals retains the right to block the second account to prevent any abuse. Rituals will notify the customer when doing so. In case the customer does not appeal such block in three months, the account will be deleted.
- 2.2 Customers are not entitled to receive any benefits related to creating an additional account, when these benefits have already been received with the creation of the initial account.
- 2.3 Customers that create an excessive amount (>2) of accounts and try to claim benefits for said amounts, will be blocked for a period of 1 year. Rituals will notify the customer when doing so.
- 3. Abuse of gifts and promotions
- 3.1 If the customer has received a gift with its order and wishes to return the order to us, it is required to include the gift in your return shipment. For partial returns the gift must be included if the threshold for receiving the gift is no longer met with the partial return. Should the customer fail to do so, Rituals will deduct the price of the gift from the customers’ refund. Rituals retains the right to block the customers’ account for the duration of 1 year in case of repeated violations. Rituals will notify the customer when doing so.
- 3.2 Promotional codes and discounts cannot be combined. Every promotion has a specific code or discount, which is not meant for the use of other promotions.
- 4. Unfounded returns and or claims
- 4.1 In the occurrence of multiple claims, for example complaints related to broken items, missing items, wrong delivery etc., in a short period of time, Rituals retains the right to block customers’ account from placing orders and/or performing payments in case the customer does not provide (sufficient) proof of its complaints. Rituals will notify the customer when doing so.
- 4.2 If Rituals has suffered damages related to the above and the amount of these damages is below € 500,-, the account will be blocked for 1 year. If the amount of damaged exceeds € 500,-, the account will be blocked for 3 years. Rituals will notify the customer when doing so.
- 5. Blocked account/payments
- 5.1 In case a customer is blocked from placing orders and/or performing payments on the website, Rituals will inform customer of the reason and duration thereof. Customers are still able to visit our stores and purchase products in store, but this will not result in the unblocking of the account, or the receipt of any compensations or refunds via the store.
- 6. Data Protection