Why not treat your friends and family to a homemade gift this year? Super easy to make, these cookies are a little festive delight
Packed with cinnamon, white chocolate and cranberries, these cookies are truly like the holidays in a bite. And, we think these will make the perfect thoughtful gift for a loved one this festive period. Just package these up in a sustainable cardboard box and add a jazzy ribbon. This recipe is gluten-free, making them healthier than your average cookie but no less delicious. I recommend using Ceylon cinnamon as it has a deliciously subtle yet sweet flavour and is high in antioxidants.
Recipe serves: 5
10 min for dough mix
30 min for freezing
15 to 20 min for baking
- 100g oatmeal
- 30g rice flour
- 50g white chocolate, cut in small pieces
- 50g maple syrup
- 15g cranberries, cut in small pieces
- 40g (coconut)* oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
*can be replaced by melted butter or your oil of choice.
- 1. Blend the oats in a food processor until fine.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the white chocolate and cranberries and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the white chocolate and cranberries and blend using the pulse option.
- Place cling film over the workbench/cutting board.
- On this, form the dough into a cylindrical shape and wrap it in the cling film.
- Let the dough chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- 7. Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F.
- 8. Take the dough out of the film and slice it evenly into rings
- Place on the oven tray, spaced apart, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let them cool, and enjoy!