PRIVACY AND COOKIE STATEMENT
The proper handling of personal information is extremely important to us. We therefore take great care when processing and protecting your personal information. This is done in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Dutch Data Protection Act.
To ensure your privacy as far as possible, we adhere to the following core values:
- Information: We wish to inform you about why and how we process personal information. This is described in our privacy and cookie statement.
- Limited collection: We take great care to limit the information we collect to only that which is necessary for our services.
- No personal marketing without prior consent: We will never share your personal information for marketing purposes without your express prior permission.
- Security: We take the appropriate measures to secure your personal information and require the same from the parties that process your information on our behalf.
- Right of access and correction: We respect your right to access, correct, or delete your personal information.
This privacy and cookie statement describes how we implement these core values and how we respect and protect your right to privacy. We strongly urge you to read this statement carefully.
This statement was last updated on 2 March 2017.
Use of personal information
We only store and use personal information that has been directly provided by you or information that is clearly intended to be processed by us upon provision.
We may obtain personal information in the following ways:
- You can actively provide us with your personal details in our stores, when placing an online order, by e-mail, or by phone, or when you sign up for communications or promotional offers on our website.
- You can passively provide us with personal information, as our systems automatically register certain actions. When using our website, for example, your IP address is automatically saved in the web server logs, as is customary with almost all websites.
- Other visitors to our website can enter your personal information in order to send you an e-mail about a product, for instance.
Visitors who are under 18, may only use our website with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Purposes of data processing
The personal information we collect is exclusively used for the following purposes:
- to process your order
- to generate statistics that help us to optimise our website and marketing policy
- to carry out contests and prize promotions and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance to deliver a prize you may have won in a prize promotion). You may be contacted through your contact details for these purposes.
- to send you newsletters and marketing about our products, offers and news.
- to create and send personalised offers with your prior consent
- to meet our legal obligations
Types of personal information
We can process the following personal information you provide:
- date of birth
- e-mail address
- phone number
- payment details
- IP address
- and all other personal information you choose to provide us (e.g. in your comment when you contact us, or in your curriculum vitae when you apply for a job)
Disclosure to third parties
In order to process your order and to ensure that our website is secure and up to date, we may share your personal information with third parties. We demand that all third parties handle your personal information with care and limit the disclosure of this information as much as possible.
We will not share your personal information with parties that are not directly involved in the execution of your contract unless you have given your express permission or we are required to do so by law.
Data collected can be disclosed to other Rituals entities in the Rituals-group in the EU and US.
We take the necessary security measures to limit unauthorised access to and misuse of your personal information. We back up our information to a secure location and strive to encrypt this information if feasible and useful. Our network connections are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This coding system ensures that all information you send to our systems over the internet remains confidential.
Personal information is not stored for longer than is necessary for the execution of our contract with you, except in cases where the law directly prohibits the removal of said information.
To provide you with the best possible information, we have listed the various application possibilities below. A distinction has been made between the various application functions.
Permanent cookies allow us to recognise you during subsequent visits to our website. This allows us to tailor the website to your preferences. Cookies also help us remember whether you have given us permission to place cookies. This means you do not have to update your cookie preference during each visit, which saves you time and creates a more pleasant user experience. You can delete permanent cookies in your browser settings.
Session cookies allow us to see which website components you viewed during your visit. This helps us tailor our services to the surfing behaviour of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
Right to access and delete your information
You have the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information. You can access and correct your personal information yourself. Log in to your account by clicking on the button in the upper right corner of every web page. Then click on ‘personal data’.
You can also contact us in order to access, correct or delete your personal information. See our contact information at the end of this privacy and cookie statement. To prevent misuse, we may ask you to identify yourself. When accessing personal information linked to a cookie, we ask that you send a copy of the cookie in question. This can be found in your browser settings.
Enabling, disabling, and deleting cookies
More information about enabling, disabling, and deleting cookies can be found in the instructions and/or in the Help section of your browser.
DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
We do not honor Do Not Track requests.
CONTACT INFORMATION DATA CONTROLLER
Rituals Cosmetics E-Commerce B.V.
1017 DW Amsterdam
1-800-748-4838 (local rate)
CoC number: 59751061
VAT number: NL853629729B01
Changes to this policy
Effective as of April 2016.