Packed with vitamins that help keep your skin healthy, this smoothie is the perfect way to start your day.
This smoothie contains orange blossom water, which is originally from Morocco and is often used throughout the Middle East as a natural treatment for an upset stomach. It also includes ginger, a well-known anti-inflammatory, which can help to leave your complexion calm and glowing.
What’s more, according to Dr Caroline Longmore, author of The Serotonin Secret, bananas are an easy way to stock up on the ‘Happy Hormone’ serotonin, and they contain vitamin A and C which can help to brighten your skin tone from the inside out.
Recipe for 2 people
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 banana
- 400 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 mango
- 2 tsp orange blossom water (make sure you get the actual water, not just the aroma of it)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10 g fresh ginger, peeled
- juice from half of a lime
- honey or agave to taste, if desired
Blend all of the ingredients together until they are fine and smooth, then drink immediately.