Autumn is here, the days are getting shorter and the temperatures are dropping. This is the perfect time for fall vegetables to make their entry into your kitchen. This salad is a happy mood-boosting dish, it’s fresh, flavourful and ready in twenty minutes. And, fun fact: pumpkin can actually improve your mood! This orange ingredient contains tryptophane, a substance that helps your body with the production of the hormone serotonin. And serotonin just happens to regulate your mood naturally, causing you to feel happier, calmer and more focused!
Pumpkin salad with curly kale
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 pumpkin, sliced
- 60 gr curly kale
- 240 gram mushrooms
- 30 gr walnuts
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 tl thyme
- 8 ml lemon juice
- Divide the olive oil over the sliced pumpkin and grill the slices on both sides until they have a nice brown edge. Drain the excess oil and set aside for later.
- Clean the mushrooms, slice and grill
- Sprinkle the pumpkin with thyme, sea salt and pepper. Put in the oven at 175C for about 10 minutes. Leave it all until it is lukewarm.
- Place 5 slices of pumpkin on each plate.
- Mix the olive oil, left over from the baked pumpkin, with the lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing with the curly kale and divide it over the pumpkin. Divide the mushrooms and walnuts over the salad.