As your mother always said, you are what you eat. And with this superfood salad with amazing ingredients like quinoa, grilled zucchini, alfalfa, avocado, oven roasted sweet potatoes, nuts and seeds, what you’ll be is radiant with health, inside and out. The ingredients work together to keep you feeling good, while serving up skin-nourishing nutrients to support your outer beauty. Finished off with an Asian-inspired sweet and sour dressing, this salad will keep you going – and glowing – for the rest of the afternoon.
Recipe for 2 people
Preparation time: around 30 minutes
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml mild olive oil
- 150 g quinoa
- 1 sweet potato, cut into blocks of around 1.5 cm
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 40 g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 20 g roasted sunflower seeds
- 20 g alfalfa
- 1 avocado, peeled and halved
You’ll also need a baking sheet, baking paper and a griddle pan.
1. Prepare the quinoa as instructed on the package and then cover it with a lid and let it sit.
2. Preheat the oven to 225 C.
3. Divide the blocks of sweet potato on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and sprinkle them with a tsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. Slide the pan into the oven for around 20 to 25 minutes until the sweet potato is done. This time can vary depending on your oven; jut make it doesn’t burn.
4. Grease the griddle pan with some olive oil and grill the slices of zucchini for around 7 minutes, so they’re done on both sides.
5. Divide the quinoa in the bowls and garnish with all the other loose ingredients: sweet potato, zucchini, alfalfa, avocado, nuts and seeds.