Matcha lattes are in vogue. Made not with coffee but with powdered green tea, a matcha latte provides a quick and super healthy boost of energy. For the ultimate pick-me-up on a hot summer day, try this easy iced matcha latte recipe.
- 1 tbsp green jasmine pearls
- 75ml full-fat coconut milk
- 75ml milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- ice cubes
1. Boil 100ml of water and allow to cool slightly.
2. Pour into a jug with a spout, add the jasmine pearls and let the tea infuse for 7 minutes.
3. Pour all the liquids into a cocktail shaker and shake for 15 second.
4. Place the matcha powder in a bowl and add a dash of strained jasmine tea. Using a matcha whisk, gently whisk the powder and tea together until smooth.
5. Gradually pour in remaining jasmine tea as you whisk.
6. Pour the coconut milk mixture into a tall glass and fill with ice cubes. Then slowly pour in the matcha-jasmine mixture to create distinct layers. Garnish with a sprig of fresh verbena or mint leaves.