Terms & Conditions Rituals Gift Card
Rituals Gift Cards
1. The Rituals Gift Card (“Rituals Gift Card”) is available in our stores, via our webshop (website and mobile app) and at selected third parties.
2. In certain countries2 an electronic version of the Rituals Gift Card is available (“Rituals Online Gift Card”) via our webshop (website and mobile app).
3. Both the Rituals Gift Card and Rituals Online Gift Card (together: “Rituals (Online) Gift Card”) are available in the following currencies and values:
a. The Rituals Gift Card in store: EU (Euro 10 - 100), GB (GBP 10 - 100), DK (KR 100 - 750), NO, SE (KR 100 – 1,000), HKD (100 - 2,000).
b. The Rituals Gift Card via webshop: (Euro 15 - 100), GB (GBP 10 - 100), DK (KR 100 - 750), NO, SE (KR 100 – 1,000).
c. The Rituals Online Gift Card: EU (Euro 15 - 200), GB (GBP 15 - 200), NO, SE (KR 150 – 2,000).
Additional value cannot be added to a Rituals Gift Card.
4. After purchase, the value of the Rituals (Online) Gift Card balance can be checked in 3 ways:
a. using the giftcard balance checker;
b. at one of our stores; or
c. by downloading the Rituals app and adding the Rituals Gift Card by clicking on 'my gift cards' in the menu and after filling in the gift card information and adding the applicable Rituals Gift Card.
Redeeming Rituals Gift Card
14. The Rituals (Online) Gift Card can only be redeemed in countries3 which have the same currency as the country in which the Rituals (Online) Gift Card has been purchased2 , and reflects a value equal to the amount in such currency as stated on the Rituals (Online) Gift Card. The Rituals (Online) Gift Card can be redeemed via the official Rituals stores and the official Rituals website and mobile app. The Rituals (Online) Gift Card cannot be used at our wholesale partners or shop-in-shop locations. For a list of our stores, please take a look at our online store locator.
15. Subject to the restrictions referred to in these Terms and Conditions or any successor terms the Rituals (Online) Gift Card can be redeemed for products and/or services up to the value of the amount loaded on it. Purchase values will be deducted from the Rituals (Online) Gift Card balance until the value reaches zero. The Rituals (online) Gift Card has no expiry date. Remnant amounts remain valid indefinitely. No service or dormancy fees will be charged.
17. If the total value of the products and/or services purchased exceeds the amount that is on the Rituals (Online) Gift Card, the remaining balance for such products can be paid via any other accepted method of payment.
18. The Rituals (Online) Gift Card is not redeemable for cash, except as required by law, and is not reloadable (except in case of returns as set out below). Except if required by law and explicitly stated in these terms, Rituals will not refund the remaining balance on the gift card in cash / via bank transfer. Lost or stolen cards will not be honored or replaced. Rituals is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged cards or unauthorized use caused solely by the cardholder's act or omission.
19. All refunds of products or services purchased with Rituals (Online) Gift Card will be made in accordance with Rituals’ refund policy; see in store or online for details. If Rituals accepts your return of a Rituals product that you have purchased by means of the Rituals (Online) Gift Card, Rituals will re-imburse the concerned amount to such Rituals (Online) Gift Card only (no re-imbursement in cash, except if required by local law). Rituals therefore recommends you to retain your Rituals (Online) Gift Card until the return in which you may return your products has lapsed. This does not affect your statutory rights. The Rituals (Online) Gift Card are not a cheque, guarantee, credit or charge card.
20. The use of the Rituals (Online) Gift Card may be restricted with certain promotional offers. These restrictions will be expressly set forth for each promotional offer concerned.
21. Rituals reserves the right to change these terms of the Rituals (Online) Gift Card a.o. to reflect changes in the law or meet regulatory requirements by notifying the changes via our webshop, on our mobile app and in our stores. applicable updated version of the terms of the Rituals (Online) Gift Card will be available at all times in our stores or at our webshop.
Right of withdrawal
22. If for whatever reason you don’t want to use the Rituals (Online) Gift Card you have purchased at our webshop or on our mobile app, you may exercise your statutory right of withdrawal. You can invoke your right of withdrawal by informing us that you don’t want to use the Rituals (Online) Gift Card within 14 calendar days after we sent you the confirmation e-mail of your online purchase of the Rituals (Online) Gift Card. To exercise your right of withdrawal, please follow the instructions online.
23. If you use your right of withdrawal, we will immediately block your Rituals (Online) Gift Card. We shall reimburse to you all payments received, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to exercise your right of withdrawal. If the Rituals (Online) Gift Card has already been used, you are not entitled to use your right of withdrawal.
Rights under GDPR
24. To exercise your rights as stipulated under the GDPR, such as the right of access or deletion, please follow the instructions online.
Choice of law and jurisdiction
25. Except where prohibited and without limitation to any statutory rights for consumers, any dispute between you and Rituals shall be governed in all respects by Dutch law and all disputes, claims and legal proceedings directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the purchase or use of the Rituals Gift Card shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the competent courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
26. Please note that the European Commission manages an Online Dispute Resolution website http://ec.europa.eu/odr/ dedicated to helping consumers and traders resolve their disputes out-of-court, including cross-border disputes.
28. The Rituals Gift Card is issued by: Rituals Cosmetics Enterprise B.V., Keizersgracht 683, 1017 DV, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, registered in the Commercial Register of the Netherlands, Chamber of Commerce under the number 34136394, VAT number NL8092.15.160.B01, email address: ConsumerCare@rituals.com.
2As per May 1st 2020, participating countries for the Rituals Online Gift Card are the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Austria, Spain, Sweden, Norway, United Kingdom and Ireland.
3Giftcards in HKD can only be redeemed in Hongkong.