To be able to visit our website, you must accept the use of our cookies. At present, we cannot guarantee that the website will function properly without cookies being stored. This is why you cannot enter our website without accepting the cookies.
What are cookies?Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or your mobile phone by the website you are visiting. Cookies are used to enable websites to function efficiently. For example, they are used to ensure that products you add to your shopping cart remain in the shopping cart.
A pixel is a transparent GIF image that is added to a webpage. The pixels are invisible. Pixels are used, for example, to measure whether a user has seen a webpage or an email, they enable websites to function more efficiently and they enhance the user-friendliness of a website. Alternative names for pixels include: web beacons, tracking bugs, clear GIFs, pixel tags and 1x1 GIFs.
What type of cookies does Rituals use?We use functional cookies, analytical cookies and marketing cookies.
Functional cookies ensure that the Rituals websites and apps can function correctly. These include, for example, the log-in functionality and the ability to order products.
The functional cookies ensure that the Rituals websites and apps function properly. These cookies ensure that, for instance:
- The products you add to your shopping cart while shopping are saved;
- The details you enter during the ordering process are saved;
- Rituals can offer you a gift if you have ordered products up to a certain value;
- Your street name can be added when you enter your postcode;
- You can select different ways for your order to be delivered;
- You can select different ways to pay when completing your order;
- If you have a gift card or discount code, these can be used;
- You can shop online safely at Rituals;
- Your browser settings are stored to optimise how you view our website on your screen;
- You can respond to feedback interactions;
- It is possible to detect abuse or potential problems with our websites, apps and services, for example by recording a series of failed log-in attempts;
- Transferring information from one page to the next, for example to help you find the perfect gift or advise you on skin care;
- Saving language and country, so you are not required to change language and country settings time and time again;
- Offering to save your log-in details so you are not required to log in again;
- Saving the payment method so we can pre-select this for you next time;
- We only show the Unique Selling Point bar if you did not previously click to remove this;
- We store questionnaire results in the Guided Selling tool, so we do not need to ask about your preferences again.
Analytical cookies collect statistics related to our users. Using these statistics, we can continue to improve our apps and websites.
We use the cookies to:
- Record how many people visit our website and similar statistical information;
- Perform analyses to make a website visit as enjoyable as possible for our website visitors;
- Optimise various Google services, such as Google Analytics;
- Optimise our websites and apps in general.
We use marketing cookies to show you personalised messages based on your online behaviour. We make use of your behaviour to do so, because we are aiming to make the message as relevant as possible. We may show this personalised message within our own website, or outside of our website. We use a number of advertising platforms, where you may encounter the personalised message. You can see details of these in the list of marketing cookies partners below. Finally, we use your behaviour and profile to find people who resemble you, so we can turn them into our fans too.
Thanks to the marketing cookies, we can:
- Make advertisements relevant to you;
- Prevent you continually seeing the same advertisements;
- Prevent you seeing advertisements for products you have just purchased;
- Track whether you interact with the advertisement. By this we mean, for example, watching a video, clicking on an advertisement, responding to a message on Instagram, etc.;
- See if you place an order after seeing an advertisement or clicking on it;
- See if online advertisements trigger you making a purchase in a Rituals shop;
- Approach people who resemble you in terms of behaviour and profile and encourage them to visit the Rituals website.
Click here for the list of the cookies we put on our website, what data these collect, for how long they are used and the partners we use in the process. This list offers an overview of the functional, analytical and marketing cookies.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a properly functioning website without storing cookies. This means that if you remove cookies, you will no longer be able to visit our website.