To ensure your privacy as far as possible, we adhere to the following core values:
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USEThe personal data we collect about you when you buy our Products or use our Services, include the following (hereinafter jointly referred to as: “Personal Data” ):
3. PURPOSES OF USE PERSONAL DATAThe Personal Data we collect is exclusively used for the following purposes:
For the performance of our agreement with you: In order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the Products, Services and information that you request, including managing and handling your requests, inquiries or complaints. This also includes enabling you to make a purchase of our Products, to participate in our MyRituals program, to responding to your requests to provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, provide you with essential information regarding our Products and Services you request, etc.
For our legitimate commercial interests: We use your Personal Data as described above (both on aggregated and on individual basis) for the purpose of advertising our Products and Services, to contact you via e-mail, regular mail, social media or otherwise for direct marketing or other commercial purposes. We also use your Personal Data for analysing and improving the quality of our Products and Services, such as providing you with customer services and aftersales, and to understand you as a customer (customer optimalization). This enables us to assess what may interest you, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising. In addition, based on your use of our Services and Products you purchased, we may target you with advertisement or other marketing materials that are customized to your personal preferences and experiences.
We may also use your Personal Data, for our other legitimate commercial interests such as to operate and expand our business activities; to develop and improve or modify our Products and Services; to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our Products and Services; to facilitate our business operations; to operate company policies and procedures; to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of Rituals’ assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event; or for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
Use of information based on your consent:
If you haven’t purchased any Product from us, we will only send you direct marketing communications (such as newsletters, promotions, news on products or service updates) via email, other electronic means, via telephone or via hardcopy mail (such as flyers), after we have received your consent to do so.
Children under the age of 16 cannot legally give their consent. Instead, consent of their parent or legal guardian needs to be provided.
You can withdraw your consent at any time (see the section Your rights below).
To comply with our legal obligations: Any Personal Data we collect may be used to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as supervisory bodies, fiscal authorities or investigation bodies.
4. SOCIAL MEDIAWhen you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the Rituals pages), certain personal data may be shared with Rituals about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATAWe share your Personal Data with the following parties:
- Business partners, suppliers (such as IT service providers) and sub-contractors;
- Contact centers, to assist us on the Consumer Service-department;
- Advertising and media companies that carry out marketing and media activities on our behalf;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and apps, such as Google Analytics.
In providing their services, they will access, receive, maintain or otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your Personal Data for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require such Third Party suppliers to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATAIn most cases your Personal Data will be processed within the European Union. However, please be informed that Rituals may transfer and process any Personal Data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not provide the same level of protection to your Personal Data. Rituals or Third Party suppliers we use will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer, more in particular for Personal Data transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. This means that we entered into legally necessary contracts with recipients of your data, including standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission or other supervisory authority where required.
You are entitled to receive a copy of any documentation showing the suitable safeguards that have been taken by making a request via email@example.com.
7. SECURITYWe will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
8. DATA RETENTIONWe retain your Personal Data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
9. YOUR RIGHTSSubject to the conditions set forth in the applicable law, you have the the following rights with regard to our processing of your Personal Data:
For further information regarding your rights, or to exercise any of your rights, please complete this contact form, and do the following:
- Document number;
- Date of birth;
- Place of birth;
- Date of issue;
- Expiry date;
Please note that the Dutch government has created an application (‘Kopie ID’) that facilitates the blacklining of passports, please see: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/identiteitsfraude/vraag-en-antwoord/veilige-kopie-identiteitsbewijs.
Upon receipt of all the information as set out above we shall respond to your request consistent with applicable law.