So tasty you’ll think it’s the real thing, this summer dessert puts overripe bananas to good use
Stop! Don’t throw those black bananas away – put them to good use with this outrageously yummy banana ice cream recipe. This dish is dairy-free and helps to reduce food waste but it’s so rich and creamy, it’s hard to believe it’s actually vegan. It’s very important that your bananas are overripe (black in colour and shrunken in size) as this is what creates the creaminess that we know and love in regular dairy ice cream.
Recipe for 2 people
Preparation time: 5 minutes + overnight
- 3 Overripe bananas
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- ¼ tbs Cardamom powder
- Chocolate chips
- Peel the bananas, then slice them into pieces of ½ cm.
- Put them in the freezer overnight.
- Next day, when the banana pieces are frozen, put them in a blender. Add the peanut butter and cardamon.
- Look out, it’s going to be noisy.
- Blitz until totally smooth and creamy like ice cream.
- If necessary, add a dash of oatmeal, to make it extra smooth.
Eat the banana ice cream straight away, and don’t forget to top it up with chocolate chips!
Want to experience Rouhi for yourself? Experience a world where East meets West. A world where you can indulge body and mind, with food for the soul. At Rouhi, chef Renaud Goigoux presents a considered menu that uses only the most carefully sourced wholesome ingredients.
You will find Rouhi on the ground floor of House of Rituals, Spui Square, Amsterdam.