They say you are what you eat, so if you want to be a ball of energy - eat one! This is a delicious and super healthy traybake with… wait for it - no bake. An easy-to-follow recipe that doesn’t take long to prepare, it’s the perfect heathy choice to whipp up at any time. Tip: these bars also freeze well, so we suggest making a big batch t to enjoy at a later date!
Recipe makes 16-20 balls
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups dried dates (approx. 250g)
- ½ cup ground almonds (or other mild flavoured nuts/seeds)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maca powder (or other superfood powders of choice)
- ¼ cup coarsely ground goji berries for topping
- ¼ cup cacao nibs for topping
- Place all your ingredients (except for the cacao nibs and goji berries) in a food processor and blend together until you have a slightly sticky mix.
- Line a small tray (approx. 8 square inches) with baking paper for easy removal.
- Press your mix firmly into the lined tray. Sprinkle over the toppings and press these in too.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour to firm the mix up before slicing it into squares.
- Roll each square into a ball.
Want to experience Rouhi for yourself? Experience a world where East meets West. A world where you can indulge body and mind, with food for the soul. At Rouhi, chef Renaud Goigoux presents a considered menu that uses only the most carefully sourced wholesome ingredients.
You will find Rouhi on the ground floor of House of Rituals, Spui Square, Amsterdam.